Sunday, October 28, 2007

censoring myself

how can i possibly be a good blogger if i'm afraid to put it out there? lately i've found myself hesitating at the keyboard... censoring my thoughts. it's been weeks since i've written, yet i wrote an entire entry this past week, only to delete it. i wasn't in the best of moods at the time, and i didn't want to scare off what few readers i may have.

when i was younger, i had multiple journals.... poetry books and diaries dating back until second grade... stacks of blank books filled entirely with my childhood thoughts and ponderings. i let loose in those books, unabashedly, free to let go of everything with the safe comfort of knowing no one would ever read it.

i'm struggling to let go here, as i did then. i fear conflict, i fear offending anyone, i fear making a fool of myself.

but rather than wallow in self-deprecation, i'm going to continue to post. i'll never come to terms with these fears if i don't try...

No comments: